The Council on Aging Can Provide Information about various programs, services, as well as activities and events.
OUTREACH: We have an outreach department with a coordinator available to assist you or refer you to the proper agency for help. Below are some of the many categories we have knowledge and/or information to support you.
- File of Life to Merge Your Medical Information
- Insurance/S.H.I.N.E./Tax Preparation
- Health Concerns including Flu Clinics, Home Health Agencies, Hospital and Rehabilitation, and other medical information
- Legal Information and referrals
- Pharmacy services and assistance
- Fuel/Energy Assistance, including FRIENDS helping FRIENDS in-house program
- Food Assistance, including in-house Meal Site, Meals on Wheels, SNAP specific to those over the age of 60; PAT'S PANTRY IS OPEN ON-SITE MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY FROM 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM; Both the Rutland Food Pantry and the Wachusett Food Pantry are available to Rutland residents. Please check their schedules for distribution dates and times.
- Medical Equipment Loan Program sponsored and maintained by the Rutland LIONS
- Caregiver Support
- Educational Programs; medical and other informational topics
- FRIENDS of the C.O.A.; raises money and supports multiple functions of the Rutland Council on Agency (anyone can be a member)
- C.O.A. Events/Presentations/Programs/Activities; including an extensive Exercise Schedule
- Bus Trips and other trips for your participation and enjoyement; Collette Travel offers long distance vacations and support the COA by providing a monetary commission back to the council
- On-Site services, including Audiology, Foot Care, and Jewelry repair and service
We have lots to offer and arel always open to new ideas and suggestions. Please contact us with any questions, conerns, or ideas!
Please call Nancy or Cathy at (508) 886-4100, opt. 6
AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!