What is the Town doing to mitigate this issue?

While the Town is working on plans and funding solutions to replace our infrastructure, we are also working with Weston & Sampson to identify solutions to “loop” the system, which means to keep consistent water flowing. In the area of sampling that had higher levels of PCE, this water main is at a “dead-end,” which means the water main terminates at the end of the street. Often at “dead-ends” any sediment or materials accumulate at the terminus of the pipe. “Looping the system would allow for the sediment or material to keep flowing and eventually flush out of the system. In the meantime, the Town flushes lines routinely, and in this particular circumstance, installed a “bleeder” of 5/gallons per minute to constantly flush the end of the line to remove any sediment or materials. 

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if I have brown water?
2. Who monitors the Email Water Department? Is there any follow-up via email?
3. Why do we still have brown water?
4. What are the short- and long-term plans to address these issues?
5. If the Town cannot identify the source of my brown water what else can I do?
6. What should I do if my house water filter is constantly breaking because of the amount of filtering required?
7. Where should I send water to be tested?
8. What should I do once I receive the test results?
9. What is manganese and is it dangerous?
10. Is it an option for our town to drill wells in order to eliminate manganese from the minerals in our water?
11. Why did I receive a letter with respect to PCE?
12. What is PCE?
13. What is the Town doing to mitigate this issue?
14. Has the Town conducted subsequent testing of the impacted areas?