Where should I send water to be tested?

The Town suggests the following testing facilities, all of which are certified by the Department of Environmental Protection:

  • Alpha Analytical in Westborough
  • Nashoba Analytical in Ayer
  • Alpha Analytical in Mansfield

Be advised that some testing companies also work with filtration companies, so their results could be skewed to benefit those partners. You may want to inquire about this before choosing a testing facility.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if I have brown water?
2. Who monitors the Email Water Department? Is there any follow-up via email?
3. Why do we still have brown water?
4. What are the short- and long-term plans to address these issues?
5. If the Town cannot identify the source of my brown water what else can I do?
6. What should I do if my house water filter is constantly breaking because of the amount of filtering required?
7. Where should I send water to be tested?
8. What should I do once I receive the test results?
9. What is manganese and is it dangerous?
10. Is it an option for our town to drill wells in order to eliminate manganese from the minerals in our water?
11. Why did I receive a letter with respect to PCE?
12. What is PCE?
13. What is the Town doing to mitigate this issue?
14. Has the Town conducted subsequent testing of the impacted areas?