Rutland Development and Industrial Commission
Meeting Minutes –1/12/2017
Community Hall Annex
Meeting opened at 6:35AM. Attending: Mike Sullivan, Doug Briggs, Mark O’Clair, Tom Dufault, Michele Van Reet
Guest: Margaret Nartowicz, Town Administrator; Sheila Dibb, Select Board; Gary Kelleher, DPW Superintendent; Dick Williams; Mr. Kurt Leslie,
- Review and approve past minutes. Deferred to later in meeting, no time to consider.
- Roadway MYLAR status – the bill has been paid and plans are set for pick-up.
- HPDD Wetland Classification – No new information available.
- Tree Cutting Site Walk
- Dufault noted that large extent of diseased and dead trees. Loggers need to be sensitive to trails. Concerns about invasive plant species. A motion was made (Van Reet) and seconded (Dufault) to delay tree cutting for a year. Motion and second withdrawn.
- A motion was made (Briggs) and seconded (Dufault) to sign the permit application, which is valid for two (2) years and does not obligate us to do anything. Unanimously approved.
- A motion was made (Dufault) and seconded (Van Reet) to move forward with filing the permit and hold a public walk-through information session with DCR and Kurt Leslie before making a final decision. Unanimously approved.
- A motion was made (Dufault) and seconded (Briggs) to file the permit. Van Reet suggested that we make public hearing part of the process. Dufault responds that we need to trust that this committee will follow through. Unanimously approved.
- Gary Kelleher agreed to take responsibility for notifying abutters.
- Briggs wants to make sure we have a buffer along property line when trees are cut. Nartowicz asked about the town’s legal obligation to provide a buffer.
- Next meeting: TBD
- Van Reet motioned to adjourn. Dufault seconded. Unanimously adjourned at 7:40AM.