Rutland Development and Industrial Commission
Meeting Minutes –7/20/2016
Community Hall Annex
Meeting opened at 6:30AM. Attending: Doug Briggs, Tom Dufault, Michele Van Reet
Guests: Dick Williams
- Review and approve minutes – Minutes from meetings 5/25/2016, 6/15/2016, and 7/6/2016 presented. Deferred review to next meeting.
- Tree Cutting – Dick Williams reported that Kurt Leslie suggested that we only request forester services and not include the replanting/restoration as part of the bid because it won’t be cost effective. It’s more cost-effective to do the replanting/restoration separately. Dick also walked the property with Joe Lee yesterday and will meet with Craig Westerman on Friday to get a total of 3 bids on the work.
- Roadway – The work should be complete in August.
- Wetland classification – Dick Williams received information from Arthur Allen at EcoTech who said that there are no state/local wetlands issues, but they need to have the lot reviewed for federal wetlands standards. Dick will talk to DCR about getting the map changed.
- HPDD Review – Dufault indicated that his original suggestion was not to make changes to the HPDD documents but to review them reference. Minor changes may be needed, but overall we should leave it as it was originally written and see if it needs modification as move forward.
- Next meeting: Thursday, 8/4/2016 at 5:30PM at Community Hall Annex.
- Briggs motioned to adjourn. Dufault seconded. Unanimously adjourned at 6:48AM.