Rutland Development and Industrial Commission
Meeting Minutes –4/8/2016
Rutland Heights Property @ Top of the Hill
Meeting opened at 6:30AM. Attending: Mike Sullivan, Doug Briggs, Mark O’Clair, Michele Van Reet
Visitors: Dick Williams, Ken Dubovick & John Miller (Rutland Little League Baseball & Rutland Youth Soccer)
- Dubovick and Miller (Rutland Little League &Youth Soccer) had staked out the area at the top of the hill adjacent to the Central Tree Middle School border that they wanted to consider for recreation.
- Mike Sullivan indicated that we cannot facilitate a land “donation” to an entity that is not a town organization, such as Rutland Little League or Rutland Youth Soccer.
- Doug Briggs recommended the RFP route to put a parcel out for consideration to lease or sell with board approval.
- There is time before town meeting to make a proposal for field plans to present at the town meeting.
- We are on the agenda for the Select Board meeting at 6:00PM on Monday, 4/11/2016 to discuss the issue with school volunteers to clear mountain biking trails.
- Tree Cutting – Sullivan spoke with DCR regarding foresters and will contact some regarding the tree cutting.
- Ham Radio Field Day (Saturday/Sunday) – discussion concerning the need for a town use form. ???
- RDIC security - Mr. Williams will talk with the Rutland Police Department to initiate patrols of the property.
- Next meeting: Thursday, 4/28/2016 at 6:30AM at Community Hall Annex.
- O’Clair motioned to adjourn. Briggs seconded. Unanimously adjourned at 7:10AM.