****APPROVED**** cc: Town Clerk
RUTLAND BOARD OF HEALTH
September 26, 2016
Town Hall, 250 Main Street
Present: Scott Gilroy, Chairman
Karin Prucnal, Vice-Chair
Elliott (Butch) Nadeau, Clerk
Randy Mizereck, Health Agent
Lynn Miller, Administrative Assistant
- Opening of meeting by the Chair: Scott Gilroy opened the meeting at 6:00 p.m.
- Review & Acceptance of Minutes: Karin Prucnal motioned to accept the minutes of July 29, 2016. Elliott Nadeau seconded. Vote was unanimous.
The Board of Health will be referred to as the “Board”.
2016-2017 Flu Clinic Season – The Board discussed the upcoming flu clinic season. Availability of funds to purchase supplies for the flu clinic was discussed. To date, it wasn’t decided if the Board was going to be able to run a flu clinic this year. A tentative date is October 22. Lynn Miller will look further into what supplies will be needed and then a decision will be made.
1 Abbott Road – Existing Well – Randy Mizereck sent the owner a letter regarding options for existing well.
The Board discussed the ongoing situation at this property and the results of the court hearing on September 21, 2016. Discussion will continue at the next meeting.
The Board discussed the FY 17 budget.
BOARD OF HEALTH MINUTES September 26, 2016 2 OF 2
Health Agent’s Report:
- 18 Hope Way - Will Cassanelli said there really are no new changes to property. Pool was drained about half way. Owner fixed the fence as he requested.
- 13 Johnson Way – Will Cassanelli said he told owner that if she plans on repairing the house, she would need permits from him and that a licensed contractor would be required.
- 5 Hope Way – A letter was sent to ClearSpring Loan Services from the Building Inspector and Board of Health. The preservation specialist said that she sent the letters to the foreclosure attorney and asked them what is needed for Clearspring to be able to clean up the property on Trifera’s behalf. The foreclosure attorney said that Clearsprings would not be able to cleanup the property without a court action requiring that the lien holder cleans the property.
- 94 E. County Road - A letter has been sent to the owner and a copy to the complainant regarding blood level lead test. The Board has not received a response back from her. She did request another copy of the letter and did pick it up because she lost the first one.
Correspondence: All correspondence was reviewed as presented.
Mark Popham – Renewal Agreement for Professional Services
Post Closure Landfill Monitoring 2016-2017
Renewal Agreement was signed by the Board and returned to Mark Popham and an original was sent to BOS.
Next scheduled meeting is November 7, 2016 @ 6:00 p.m.
Bills: Approved and signed
Adjournment: Elliott Nadeau made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Karin Prucnal seconded. All in favor. Meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m.
Lynn M. Miller, Administrative Assistant