*****APPROVED**** cc: Town Clerk
RUTLAND BOARD OF HEALTH
April 3, 2017
250 Main Street
Present: Scott Gilroy, Chairman
Karin Prucnal, Vice-Chair
Randy Mizereck, Health Agent
Lynn Miller, Administrative Assistant
Absent: Elliott (Butch) Nadeau, Clerk
- Opening of meeting by the Chair: Scott Gilroy opened the meeting at 6:00 p.m.
- Review & Acceptance of Minutes: Scott Gilroy motioned to accept the minutes of February 28, 2017. Karin Prucnal seconded. Vote was unanimous.
The Board of Health will be referred to as the “Board”.
Board met with Rick Stevens to discuss the position of Assistant Board of Health Agent. Rick expressed interest in continuing to assist Randy with duties of the Board of Health Agent. Rick will be conducting all the Food and Tobacco Inspections at this time. Randy will continue to do the remainder of the duties.
Scott Gilroy motioned to appoint Richard Stevens the Assistant Board of Health Agent. Karin Prucnal seconded. All in favor.
Food Establishment & Tobacco Permits
The Board discussed the status of these permits and inspections. Richard Stevens will be conducting the inspections as soon as possible.
The house on the property has been completely cleaned out and no one is occupying the house. At this
time, the Board does not have any more concerns.
Establishment did not submit workers compensation certificate as of this meeting. They need to submit proof of workers compensation insurance or a cease and desist will be issued. The Board will follow up on this matter at the meeting in May.
BOARD OF HEALTH MINUTES April 3, 2017 2 of 3
The Board has not heard anything new on the status of this property. Will put it on next month’s agenda.
The Board of Health does not have any further concerns about this property at this time.
Health Agent’s Report:
Correspondence: All correspondence was reviewed as presented.
- Health Agent: Job Description – The Board discussed the job description
- Assistant Health Agent – Job Description – The Board discussed the job description
- Process of Distributing applications – The Board discussed the next re enrollment period for permits. The Board of Health office will be sending out applications via email rather than mailing them. This will save on postage, paper and time and be a more efficient process.
- Animal Inspectors – The Board discussed the nominations for animal inspector and assistant animal inspector. Discussion will continue at the next meeting.
Next scheduled meeting is scheduled for May 15, 2017 @ 6:00 p.m.
Adjournment: Karin Prucnal made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Scott Gilroy seconded. All in favor. Meeting adjourned at 6:45 p.m.
Lynn M. Miller, Administrative Assistant