Rutland Cable Advisory Committee
Meeting Minutes – February 22, 2017
Present were: Chairman Paul Mattson, Jim Kelley, Addison Redfield and Brenda Savoie. Participating Remotely: Ray Becker
The meeting was called to order at 6:36 pm
Any members that are participating remotely in accordance with Regulation 940, CMR 29.10 of the Open Meeting Law
Paul announced that Ray will participate remotely in accordance with Regulation 940, CMR 29.10 of the Open Meeting Law.
Minutes were not available. Will move to next meeting.
Bills & Accounts
Paul presented an updated Treasurers Report. February expenses totaled $12781.32.
Paul presented the FY18 budget to the Finance Committee in the amount of $85,000 for expenses. Any unused funds at the end of the fiscal year will remain in the CAC account.
The stipend for the CAC Director is $10 per hour. If this position is moved in line with Rutland’s OAD Steps, this position would classify as OAD 3, which pays $16.94 for step 1. This will allow different grade levels for any new hires. Paul will work on a complete job description.
Library Funding – Paul will check on the insurance coverage for the contents/equipment as it’s not listed on the coverage sheet. With insurance and electricity, the CAC space is estimated to cost $320 per year.
Jim will discuss options with Margaret to pay for the space and mentioned a flat fee of 10% of the annual Charter Peg payment. Ray noted that may not be a good option since costs could be higher. The Committee will discuss further at the next meeting.
Flag- Jim reported the cost for a double sided flags for the meeting room and one for outside is between $400-$500. Ray suggested ordering extra to save on future set up fees.
There was discussion on having Margaret as an alternate for signing CAC bills. Addison said any member of the committee should be able to sign provided it’s not for personal reimbursement.
Addison made a motion to allow any one member to sign off on bills provided it’s not for personal reimbursement. The motion was not seconded.
Jim said Margaret wanted to be involved to prevent Paul from having to handle the bills.
A motion to authorize one committee member to sign off on bills, with Paul as the final approval (Ray/Addison) passed 4/1. Jim was opposed.
The next meeting will be held on March 15th.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm. All were in favor.